Saturday, January 30, 2010

share

I've been reading Matched Pearls, the first Grace Livingston Hill book I discovered in my highschool's library over 20 years ago. It clearly explains the plan of salvation throughout, encouraging us to
Come out from their midst and be separate. . . 2 Corinthians 6:17, NASB
At breakfast, Constance's family had grapefruit, oatmeal, hot rolls, egg and bacon. While reading, I've always thought, "How nice," but now that I'm listing these meals it seems like a huge amount of food- several breakfasts, even. I'll assume their portion sizes weren't as ours, or mine, are today.
After Doris' accident, Constance and Graham ate hot soup, chicken sandwiches and ice cream at a tea room.
The evening of Graham's speaking engagement, and their engagement, they had chocolate cake and ginger ale.
Matched Pearls takes place around Easter while daffodils and hepaticas are blooming. Constance and her brother change as they learn more about Christian life from their new friends.

No comments: