Thursday, September 15, 2011

share, make

Astra (Hill, GL, 1941) Part 1

When living with extended family proves too much, Astra leaves to find a job during the Christmas holidays.  The early menus are as limited as her budget- she packed a sandwich for the train ride, then ordered orange juice, buttered toast and coffee. 
Before her father's death, he advised Astra to "get in the habit of bringing everything to Him.  Say,
Lord, here's something I can't do anything about.  I'm afraid of what it's going to be, so won't You please take it, manage it, and bring it out the way You want it to be?"

I read straight through my GHL books (I have 100) in numerical order.  When I finish, I start again, so there's always some sweet, uplifting story lying open, upside down around my house.  There are no coincidences, just handy reminders from God. I needed to pray this prayer this morning, and this just-so-happened to be the book I was reading with breakfast.
My son's transition to middle school has been wonderful.  He's had the same personal aide for five years, but she has taken another job, starting Monday.  We've known this was coming and have prayed for 2 years already.  Now, we need a new precious person to hang around with him all day at school.  There are four excellent candidates, and I know God already has hired the perfect one, but I, control freak that I am, want to know the plans :)

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

Take that, Autism.


Speaking of plans, I'd like to sew a little tomorrow evening for Heidi's Friday Night Sew In.  Doesn't that sound cozy?  Especially this time of year?  But first, Fall Festival.  This is my contribution for the Cake Walk:
White cupcakes, white frosting, and a tiny, sugary pumpkin.  Nothing healthy here.  

No comments: