Monday, July 7, 2014

share

 
A no-spend day! Put $6 in my savings envelopes and received a reimbursement check that was over double the amount I expected it to be. What a blessing!
The main points in chapter 1 are that the fast helps as you reexamine spending habits as you eliminate spending on everything that isn't essential. Today's suggested scripture is Proverbs 3:9-10:
 
Honor the Lord with your wealth,
with the firstfruits of all your crops;
then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
and your vats will brim over with new wine. NIV
 
Today's journal assignment is to make a list of obstacles that may keep us from sticking to the fast:
1. It's summertime and Colton wants to go fun places and do fun things. We'll find free things to do.
2. I want to put in laminate floors (I've wanted them for 13 years) the week Colton's at the beach with his dad. He doesn't like change and mess. I will probably do it anyway. Planning to break the fast already? For shame.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Like any diet, you sometimes have to account for what's going on in the rest of your life. I'd say if something has been 13 years in the planning, it's not binge spending, but a planned outlay.

Tammy Petty Conrad said...

Interesting idea. I've done a few 30 day things this summer (ab challenge-almost made it, blogging-closer), but this one sounds even more useful. I might have to give it a try, after I go buy a few things.