Sunday, July 8, 2018

make

     While tanning this summer, I listen to Alex Anderson's Quilt Connection podcasts. They last about 15 minutes each and are about a range of quilting topics. In Episode 50, she suggested trying something new/ stretching yourself which I have been doing...
     I've been preparing to sew-along with GnomeAngel's #100days100blocks project. I've already made the blocks for the days we're in Gatlinburg and Disney, all the Sundays this month and a few days ahead this week. We're using Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks book. The blocks are really cool and some have definitely been a stretch for me- 25 tiny pieces in a 6 1/2" block! Such good practice.

     We're trying to squeeze every bit of fun into these "last few" weeks at home this summer (We really have five weeks left but planned our vacations late July and August) so I'm finding interesting places to take the pictures. 
     The baby quilt is almost finished, just a few straight quilting lines and binding to go. My Fifteen Minutes to Stitch turns into an hour or so each day.  

1 comment:

Kate said...

Have fun with your 100 days block project. Congrats on finding time to stitch. Enjoy your vacation time. Hard to believe that it's just a little over a month before school starts up again!