Monday, January 25, 2010

give, share

During Christmas break, I wondered how to make the feeling of Christmas last all year. I decided to do something Christmas-like on the 25th of each month, like the Rudolph Club on organizedchristmas.com. Today, my first-graders and I wrote thank-you letters to our families for a gift we received. They worked hard on this activity, and couldn't wait to take the letters home.

I finished reading Homing, by Grace Livingston Hill tonight, and found two more menus fitting the summer season. Before evening church service, Audrey's family served cold chicken, biscuits and jelly, cake, raspberry tarts, fruit and iced tea. On the way to find Jane's trunk, she and Kent had oatmeal, beefsteak, flannel cakes and maple syrup for breakfast.
Throughout the story, Jane was reminded of Jesus' peace and faithfulness even in adversity.
"Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27, NIV
Inspired by Jane's evening Bible study, starting today, I plan to read a chapter from John each day. Since it is 21 chapters long, I'll finish on Valentine's Day.

No comments: