Saturday, July 17, 2010

make

I'd been wanting to make a simple crazy quilt using "stack and slash." I love using my stash to see what comes together, so I picked 4 red, white and blue fabrics. My squares started at 10 inches. After the first random cut, I sewed them together in the order they were stacked up. After the second cut, I moved two fabrics to the bottom of the stack. I got these cute little blocks.
I played and rearranged them many times, but wasn't happy until I put the navy blue corners together in the middle, and. . .

They made this funky little pinwheel!
I used 1 1/2 inch scrappy strips to make a little border. I have several ideas on how to quitl and finish it, but haven't chosen one yet. When I try this again, I'll use an odd number of fabrics and less precise cuts so it will look even "crazier."

No comments: