Saturday, February 25, 2012

share

February 25 Christmas planning update! 
Today's Rudolph Club meeting at organized christmas reminds us that there are 304 days until Christmas!  There are several suggestions for getting a headstart- collecting information for a Christmas letter, starting a Christmas savings account and keeping up with your gift closet.  Check it out for some more great ideas.

My way of enjoying Christmas all year is sharing this story from a collection of Mrs. Hill's shorter stories Miss Lavinia's Call (Hill, 1949).

Something Quite Forgotten
Betty felt out of place at a Christmas party and helped with the decorations.  After putting up the tree, Betty built Bethlehem on the mantel using crepe paper, boxes and little animals.  Later that evening, she and a new friend sang solemn carols, changing the mood of the party. 
He thanked her and quoted Isaiah 55:11 (KJV)
"My Word shall not return unto me void, but shall accomplish that whereunto I have sent it."

Here is my own little Bethlehem- a pewter Precious Moments nativity.  It even has a little black sheep.  As I was packing it away several years ago, my (then) husband suggested leaving it out all year, so we do!

No comments: