Saturday, July 21, 2012

share, make

Summertime Alphabet- the letter I
The most obvious summer word is ice cream, yum, but after checking my dictionary a better word to describe this week is idle.  It gave the perfect example sentence: She idled away the summer.

It took awhile to get over last week.  While we were at the beach, my uncle passed away.  His funeral was the day before our planned family reunion, so everybody was already on their way.  Lots of driving, packing and repacking.
We visited Hawk's Nest
  to the left
 to the right
and stopped at our waterfall on the way home.
Do you love West Virginia as much as I do?

Kristy, at hopeful threads is collecting boy's shorts for her July sewing project.  I used some royal blue bandanna fabric from my stash to make these little size 7 sweeties:
There's still time if you wanna whip some up.  They go together quickly with Simplicity New Look pattern 6398, then just a rolled 1/4 inch hem. 
Go see all the Rainbow Challenge blue sewing for today! 

4 comments:

Angie said...

I love bandana prints - what a cute idea!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great blue shorts. I checked out the link today and found more blue scrap Saturday links added.

Cassandra said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. :( That's so sad.

Edith said...

Very cool blue bandana shorts.