Sunday, December 16, 2012

share

We're celebrating a birthday in our house this weekend!
We're really not icing/frosting people, so
  we needed this chocolate chip sour cream cake. 
Thirteen years ago yesterday, I sneaked out after two weeks of bedrest to see Toy Story 2.  I still get emotional when I think of them donating Jesse to the Goodwill box.
Thirteen years ago tomorrow, my back really hurt all day and since it was my due date, after three calls to my doctor, he suggested I go on to the hospital.  At 8:00 pm, we had the sweetest, chunkiest, snuggliest boy ever.
  I've already set his place at breakfast for tomorrow morning:
On Friday, our Intermediate grades had their Christmas play, so several kiddos went home early.  We had outdoor recess, then rainy-day recess centers.  One little friend said, "This is the best day ever!"
I didn't find out until late afternoon that it hadn't been the best day ever.  Tomorrow, I'll go to school with my 20 first-grade friends, while praying for 20 other devastated families.   

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Happy birthday to your dear son! That cake looks really good. :)