Wednesday, March 4, 2015
"Teachers, please check your email." The announcement we were all expecting! Rain, changing to sleet, then several inches of snow this evening. But first...
1. Twenty-one little shoppers anxious to spend money at the Book Fair.
2. Twenty-one hungry kiddos needed to have lunch.
3. We had to have ice cream- forgotten on Tuesday afternoon.
4. Twenty-one little writers, free-choice topic today. Three publishing Snow Day paragraphs on the computer, reading with my two lowest.
5. Three pick-ups, eighteen bus riders, my own big boy, safely home from school two hours early.
6. Two precious hours to work in my classroom, catching up, cleaning, planning.
7. Yummy new-to-me recipe for dinner. Cabbage, potatoes, onions and smoked sausage. Run the dishwasher, load of laundry.
and then an even better call...
"No school tomorrow!"