Saturday, October 7, 2017

share

Fall Break so far...
Made this super-delicious Apple Fritter Cake
Wednesday afternoon.
 Honeybun Cake is my usual go-to
but oh my, this is yum. 
Thursday, we ran around town doing errands
including getting a letter from our Pediatrician...
Colton is a Senior and during his Spring IEP meeting it was suggested that
as a Special Education student, he could stay in High School until age 21.
I knew this in my heart, but wasn't sure it was right for our family.
On the other hand, it was a load off my mind because
while he can take care of himself and entertain himself all day, 
he still needs supervision,
and I need to work six more years.
At his latest IEP meeting the principal said since he has all his credits 
and made such good grades (with accommodations, of course)
There is not data supporting the decision for him to stay in school.
We're hoping it works itself out, but
his daddy and I are working on a new plan.
We have several ideas but it's stressful.

Spent Friday afternoon with my family
Love this truck full of pumpkins
and this field full of pumpkins!

This evening there's a Trunk or Treat Car Show.
Can't wait to check it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am making that recipe soon. Fritters are a serious weakness in my life...YUM!

Kate said...

Looks yummy! Good luck with getting plans in place for Colton. That transition to what's after high school is just stressful for all involved.