Monday, December 27, 2010

share

After some research, I learned that caraway is the flavor of rye bread. That doesn't sound like a good cookie, but maybe a cracker? Pictures I found online are flat and crispy looking. I won't be making them any time soon.
Back to The Gold Shoe- Strong-willed Hesba comes instead of Aunt Martha to stay while Thurly is gone. Marget makes a pot of vegetable soup, apple pie and cottage cheese while Hesba's gone for the day.
Marget feels Hesba's visit is a test, remembering Job 23:10 NIV He knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
The story ends happily with a wedding serving creamed chicken, stuffed potatoes, little biscuits and ruby jelly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Marge, from the group. Great website= I saw this while looking for caraway cookies:
"Caraway seeds with their aniseed flavour used to be used a lot in cake and biscuit recipes. They are less commonly used nowadays making these cookies an unusual treat."
I'm linking the site:

http://www.greenchronicle.com/recipes/caraway_cookies.htm

I love the meals in the GLH books- they seem prue comfort food!
Marge