New Year's Eve Baking
Really just a repeat of last weekend's Christmas baking. A larger container of Reindeer Chow to share, a "smaller" container so my sister doesn't have to share, and my niece's favorite cookies. (I found out last week) We keep chocolate chip cookie dough in the fridge to eat raw, but baked some up for her.
Packed up and ready to go to my parent's with the ingredients for my hot punch,
from Taste of Home magazine-
Put 4 cups cranberry juice, 4 cups pineapple juice and 1/4 cup red hots in the crock-pot on medium. Stir occasionally- the red hots will stick to the bottom until they dissolve. Let it warm up for about an hour. You can keep adding equal parts of juices all evening.
I joined Barbara's NewFO (instead of UFO) Challenge this morning. She encourages us to start something new each month without the guilt of not finishing. Sounds good to me!
Here's my list of new ideas:
1. small quilt for Project Linus using The Tortilla Quilt pattern with my first-graders
2. Puzzle Box quilt from modabakeshop
3. a baby quilt for The Quilt Show's contest
I have four quilt tops in various stages of readiness:
1. my Hazel Ilene quilt just needs a binding
2. my Be Yourself quilt needs quilted and bound- the back is ready
3. my little diamond/ five-patch needs quilted, bound and some pretty applique
4. still adding borders for the Stay-at-Home Robin which will continue this year
Happy New Year!