Saturday, July 12, 2014

share

Financial Fast Days 4-6
There is so much wonderful stuff in these three chapters.
You should really go get this book.
 
Day 4/Chapter 4 is about tithing and giving above that- offerings. Second Corinthians 9:6 says
Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly,
and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
I bought gasoline and groceries- both necessities :) and put $5 in my envelopes.
 
Day 5/Chapter 5 suggests instead of having a sense of entitlement, thinking you deserve your stuff because you work so hard, you should be grateful for the things God has blessed you with. Our journal assignment is to list three things we're grateful for:
1. Colton
2. my job that allows me to be home with him a lot
3. my family
 
Confession: I put off going to the Dr as long as I possibly can. Usually I'm almost better by the time I go. But, I finally went yesterday because a couple of bug bites from vacation hadn't healed yet :( I bought two prescriptions and put $5 in my envelopes. We also had a small yard sale. All the money went into my Debt Repayment envelope.
 
Day 6 The medicine kicked in today and I'm so thankful! Chapter 6 is about contentment- being thankful for what you have. Today's assignment was to clean house. I've been decluttering with 365 Less Things for quite awhile, taking stuff to Goodwill. Today I got rid of 5 turtlenecks out of my top drawer. Today was no-spend day, since I mostly just stayed on the couch, and I'll put $5 away.


2 comments:

Kate said...

You've been making great progress.

Hope the medicine helps. Did the bug bites get infected?

Cassandra said...

Great job getting rid of stuff!