Monday, June 11, 2012

make

The air conditioner in my new car really cranks out the cold air.  People in the front seat may get too chilly while trying to keep people in the backseat happy.
  This little road trip set may do the trick.
A travel pillow and blanket

Just made a little pillow case and put a binding around a little fleece blanket.  Since this is just for my family's use, I machine sewed the binding on front and back.  It was quicker, but I like hand-sewing better.  I like to make sure I catch the edge down.  Colton used it to rest on last week's field trip, while my niece enjoyed reading about the states.

The little pillow form came from Joann's.
The blanket from the baby department at Walmart.  Really, you usually just need a little something over your shoulders. 
The main fabric is from Hobby Lobby- Alexander Henry "This Land is your Land" and the stripe is from my stash.

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

What a cute idea!!

soscrappy said...

Too cute. What. Nice set they make together.