Tuesday, March 8, 2016

write

Slice of Life

Trying to get in a routine of grocery shopping on Monday evening...
Meal plan for this week:
Tues- broccoli, white beans and bacon using this new-to-me recipe Edited: Yum!
Wed- smoked pork chops, cornbread Stove Top stuffing, lima beans
Thurs- pork fried rice
Fri- something from the freezer- pizza? burritos?
Sat- Mom's birthday, dinner out
Sun- dinner out after church
Mon- baked ziti, garlic bread
No 2015 Slice, oops
No 2013 Slice, oops again
What's with March 8?

Why I love first-grade Writer's Workshop journals...
We've been working with words that look alike except for one different letter. Thursday, we wrote about now/ new, but yesterday I found this excellent example for want/went:
"I want to go to the mall, but I went to Dollar General."
We've all been there, haven't we?
Look at her hands on hips and tapping foot :)

6 comments:

amarie11028 said...

This is great! Love how she was able to convey her feelings with such a simple picture.

Rachel T. said...

I love to see young writing. It makes me smile so much. They are learning the power of words and pictures and how to convey their feelings.

Tara said...

That's such a great visual - it captures this child's thoughts and feelings so perfectly.

Unknown said...

Love your menu / to do list. And the writer workshop is just great!!!

Karen said...

First of all, you are a meal planner after my own heart. I can never even think about going to the grocery until I know what nights I am cooking (and what I will be preparing), what nights are leftovers, and what nights are eating out. I have not met many people who do it that way so I loved seeing the meal plan!
Second, I have to ask if you are from a southern state?? My daughter just moved to Nashville and works for Dollar General. I had not heard of it before then.
Love her want/went story!!!

Kate said...

Love the tapping foot. I remember those days with Drama Teen, now I just get the eye roll.